At the SAVE meeting on the 28th February, strong concerns were raised by a group of residents neighbouring the proposed development land at Moor Lane.
It was therefore agreed that SAVE would help in highlighting their concerns, to all residents of Moor Lane, Little Moorside and Manor Farm Road so that we may collectively respond to this application before the SDDC closing date of 21st March 2018 *
The 4 major concerns raised are as follows:-
- 1.5 Storey Houses – The detailed plans outlines that plots 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,36,37,38 are proposed to be 2 storey houses which is a concern for local residents who are in very close proximity to the development or have a covenant which restricts any development above 1.5 storey.
- Orchard – The outline planning was agreed at the SDDC planning meeting on the 17th January 2017 against 9/2016/0870 based on an Orchard being developed as recommended by the vice chairman and endorsed by the committee. This has been omitted from the detailed plans.
- Footpath link – The detailed design outlines a footpath link to be established between the development and Little Moorside. This causes a significant concern to local residents due to the safety of individuals crossing Little Moorside as vehicles regularly drive past the proposed area to enter and exit their properties.
- Buffer – The development is in very close proximity to the residents located on Little Moorside.
Your help is essential in order to influence the detailed plans before they are finalised, by responding to South Derbyshire Planning with the following recommendations:-
- As a dormer bungalow has been planned on the first plot, to blend in with the bungalows opposite on Manor Farm Road and Little Moorside, the same consideration and therefore type of dwelling should be made to replace plots 2,3,4,5,36,37,38. As plots 6-9 are semi-detached it is proposed that these are replaced with 2 detached properties.
- As outline planning was granted on the premise that an Orchard was established in the POS, we should be requesting this is an enforced requirement.
- Residents should be encouraged to use the pavements against the proposed road infrastructure of the development, which will allow them to reach the village through existing alleyways leading to Walnut Close and Clarkes Lane. A footpath link should therefore not be established onto Little Moorside.
- It is recommended that the buffer currently proposed to be erected on the northern boundary is moved to the southern side, next to Little Moorside residents.
WE WOULD LIKE TO ENCOURAGE YOU TO VIEW THE APPLICATION PLANS AND DOCUMENTS ON THE WEBSITE AT WWW.PLANNING SOUTH-DERBYS.GOV.UK AND EMAIL YOUR RESPONSES TO firstname.lastname@example.org BY THE 21ST MARCH**.
**When you scroll down to the comments section of the application, it says 21 days have elapsed since the valid date and comments may not be considered. This is an error and SDDC have confirmed that comments can be submitted up to the 21st March.